Friday, January 30, 2015

Week 2 Assignment 1: Blog Entry

Week 2 Assignment 1: Blog Entry
Imagine yourself applying for a job as an adjunct writer for a magazine that publishes articles related to your area of study (ex: your program of study at SWIHA). The application process calls for you to write a story that summarizes your strengths, skills, and professional pursuits.  Be sure to tailor your writing sample accordingly. Points to consider when completing this assignment: Where do you seek inspiration in your daily life and how can this enhance your writing? Does your inspiration guide your writing style or does your writing style block your inspiration? This should be between 500 – 700 words in length.
Post the URL to your new blog entry
My Happiness is Helping Others
by R.C.Griffin Jr.
In discussing and summarizing my personal strengths, skills, and professional pursuits, I guess the main thing I should mention is that I love helping and serving other people. As a matter of fact, I am essentially at my happiest when I am doing something for someone else. It is really hard for me to do the things I need to do for myself many times, but I really don’t care to be honest. I have learned to somewhat take more time for me in the past few years; however I often feel like that if it is not making me happy, then why should I even concern myself with it. So, I have decided that I can basically just go ahead and make myself happy by continuing to help others, because I know that it will do so in the end.
I have decided that by studying hypnotherapy, nutrition and other forms of holistic health, that I would be fully and finally be doing what it is that I find joyful in life. Helping others to find better and healthier ways of living, by any holistic means that are needed, with realistic goals and with life long changes overall.  For I have become fully aware, that the mainstream medical system has not stayed open and all inclusive to actual know and so-call alternative ways of treating and maintaining healthier lifestyles many times. Money and profits have been guiding modern medicine really and that has to be taken into consideration when determining what is healthiest for us all.
The main areas that I chose to studying holistic health, nutrition and hypnotherapy, are both perfect I believe for achieving my goal of helping others for a living. First was nutrition, I decided that nutrition had to be fundamental and an essential part of holistic health. Without a healthy diet, there really is no way to become healthier overall; it should be the first thing that we consider when deciding to become as well as possible.  We could exercise or get more sleep, or whatever to be more fit overall; but it still will not help a person be truly healthy, because we ultimately are what we eat.  
Next, I chose to study hypnotherapy because it is all about helping others think more positively to seek and become their healthiest. This has always really been intriguing to me; to think that we can possibly change the way in which we behave, our emotions  and what we believe ourselves through tapping into and using the subconscious, and even sometimes the conscience, mind. I really want to be a hypnotherapist to help as many people as I can have better overall lives; but even if I only help a few, to be honest,  I will still feel as though I have achieved success with it. Sure, the more people that I am able to help the happier I will be. However, I do not want to base my business on how many people I can treat and money that I can make.
In the end, I know that my desire to help others be as well and healthy as they possible can be, will be a good and honorable thing to do. As long as I can remain humble and remember that doing for others is what makes me the happiest, I should have no problem with achieving the goals that I have set. Through realistic and long lasting wellness changes in a person’s life, it is possible to have an overall healthier life. And it is both physically, as well as mentally; physically through nutrition and other holistic practices and mentally through hypnotherapy and other positive techniques.
Picture Sourcehttp://inspiringwordsbook.com/tag/helping-others/  

No comments: