Sunday, May 17, 2015

My Personal Code of Ethics:

     Ethical_Consciousness_Big.jpg
     As a final assignment for Ethical Consciousness class I am to "Write (my) personal and professional code of ethics....Developing (my) own personal and professional code of ethics..." and put "...into writing those ideas and philosophies that are the essence of (my) life and allows (me) to say I will do this because I believe this."  And so here it is in it's present form (I may add or edit more later), I invite all to see and read it. Thank You...
                          
Ethics banner
My Personal Code of Ethics:
by Rob C. Griffin Jr.


I swear to fulfill, to the best of my ability and judgment, this covenant:

- I will respect all others, as well as myself in treatment and in my life in general.

- I  will not hesitate to admit when I do not know the answer to a question, problem and/or issue.

- I will be fair and try my best not to judge others...especially in a negative way.

- I will strive to make my practice one of and from love. I will treat others with kindness and caring.

- I respect and treat divinely others beliefs and/or Higher Power(s).

- I will look for the good in people and only help bring more of that out in our lives.

- I will always hold the strictest confidence with my clients and any of their information (medical or personal, any, etc.)

- I will respect the hard-won scientific gains of those physicians in whose steps I walk, and gladly share such knowledge as is mine with those who are to follow.

- I will apply, for the benefit of the sick, all measures [that] are required, avoiding those twin traps of over treating and therapeutic nihilism.

- I will remember that there is art to medicine as well as science, and that warmth, sympathy, and understanding may outweigh the surgeon's knife or the chemist's drug.
                    
Thanks for Reading, Rob!
*Pic/Comic Sources:
1.
                                 

No comments: